The Public Works Department is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in the City of Port Hueneme by providing the highest quality of public works services and infrastructure to meet the needs of the community.
The purpose of the Public Works Department is to promote and oversee the construction and maintenance of the City’s infrastructure such as:
- Water lines (including the operation of the water treatment plant)
- Sewer lines and lift stations
- Facilities maintenance
- Landscaping and maintenance of the City’s parks
- Maintenance of the City’s fleet
- Providing engineering services and contract administration
- Providing street maintenance and repair
- Conducting solid waste operations
The Department also provides emergency response services in times of need as well as providing support to the other City departments.
Sign Up for Services
To sign up for Water/Sewer/Trash Service, or to change/move your current service, please call Utility Billing at 805-986-6524, or walk into City Hall at 250 North Ventura Road and speak to the Utility Billing Desk during regular business hours.